Friday 8 February 2013

Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara

I am always looking for great new mascaras and purchased this one a few weeks ago to give it a try. This mascara is from the Max Factor 'False Lash Effect' range and I used to use the original false lash effect mascara which I thought was pretty good.

This one I would say is not actually very similar to the original mascara. The main difference is the brush shape - the original had a fairly thick brush whereas  this one has curved brush which is smaller and with shorter bristles.

Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara

When I first purchased this mascara I was pretty impressed. It gives OK volume and pretty good length and, as promised, never clumped. But a few weeks on the product has dried out quite a lot and this means that it does go a bit clumpy and flaky which is not so great...

Mascaras with bigger brushes are, in my opinion, much better at giving volume and length to the lashes - the brush on this is quite small and this makes it hard to fully coat your lashes I find.

The consistency of the actual mascara is good at first but for me, dried out too quickly. I would recommend the original 'False Lash Effect' over and above this one - I never found it to be clumpy anyway.

This mascara costs £10.99 from Boots and is available at a wide range of stores.

Liz
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment