Wednesday 13 February 2013

Diane von Furstenberg Autumn/Winter 2013 New York Fashion Week

I am a big fan of Diane von Furstenberg, not only because she creates beautiful, womanly clothing but because she has always been about empowering women. Her clothes have all the glamour of the seventies but with a clean, modern twist.

Some of my favourite outfits from the show...



Diane von Furstenberg Autumn/Winter 2013 at New York Fashion Week



The make-up for this show is my favourite from NYFW so far. James Kaliardos, who created the look for Diane described it as "Life is the party...how you get up in the morning, and feel great" which I think is the perfect description for this look. The pink lipstick is so vibrant and fun, and seems to suit every model regardless of hair or skin tone.






The whole look was created using MAC products. The lips were created by using MAC Chromographic Pencil in 'Magenta' all over the lip to give them that bold, matte colour - this isn't available in the UK but MAC's standard Lip Pencil also comes in Magenta. Face and Body foundation was applied lightly to the face, using a slightly different shade on the temple and cheekbones for that warm and 'real' skin appearance.


MAC products

For the eyes, MAC's eyeshadow in Omega was applied very lightly to the brow, and a highlighter was applied along the cheekbones to give skin radiance.

I really love this look. The clean and perfectly highlighted skin complimented the power lip perfectly, and the simplicity of the look allowed the lip to stand out without making the whole thing look too 'done'.

I hope you like this look too! I'll be featuring a few other Fashion Week looks on my blog so if there are any that you love and want to know how to recreate, leave me a comment!

Liz
xo

1 comment:

  1. I love the lipstick - thank you for identifying it! This is definitely a look I'm going to try out

    ReplyDelete